Abdessamad Sekkal President Of The Council Of Rabat Salé Kénitra Ada Colau Mayor Of Barcelona Spain Ana Oregi Regional Minister Of Environment And Territorial Policing Basque Region Spain Berry Vrbanovic Mayor Of Kitchener Canada Damian Cardona Director Of The United Nations Information Center In Dakar United Nations Senegal Daniel Martínez Mayor Of Montevideo National Government Uruguay David Lucas Mayor Of Móstoles Denis Coderre Mayor Of Montreal Canada Mayor Of Montreal Canada Canada Dina Oyun Mayor Of Kyzyl Russian Federation Russian Federation Eddie Ngava Councilor Honoira Solomon Islands Fatimetou Abdel Malick Mayor Municipality Of Tevragh Zeina Mauritania Federico Gutiérrez Zuluaga Mayor Of Medellin Gustavo Baroja Prefect Of Pichincha And President Provincial Government Of Pichincha & Consortium Of Provincial Governments In Provincial Government Of Pichincha & Consortium Of Provincial Governments In Ecuador (CONGOPE Ecuador (CONGOPE Ecuador H.E. Ban Ki-moon Secretary General United Nations Horacio Rodríguez Larreta Mayor Of Buenos Aires Buenos Aires Argentina Ilsur Metshin Mayor Of Kazan Mayor Of Kazan Russian Federation Iñigo de la Serna President Of The Council Of European Municipalities And Regions (CEMR) / Mayor Of Santander (Spain) Council Of European Municipalities And Regions (CEMR) / Municipality Of Santander Spain Jacqueline Moustache-Belle Mayor Of Victoria City Of Victoria Canada Jan Van Zanen Mayor Of Utrecht City Of Utrecht Netherlands Javier Gonzales Mayor Municipality Of Santa Fe New Mexico United States of America Jean-Marie Bockel President Metropolitan Area Of Mulhouse France Josep Rull Minister Of Territory And Sustainability Of Catalonia Spain Spain Kadir Topbaş Mayor Of Istanbul Turkey Khalifa Sall Mayor Of Dakar Senegal Kinlay Dorjee Mayor Of Thimpu Bhutan Kumar Rai Bipin Member Of The Urban Shelter Improvement Board City Of Delhi India Luis Revilla Mayor Of La Paz Maimunah Mohd Sharif Municipal President Of Seberang Perai Municipal Council Of Seberang Perai Malaysia Manuela Carmena Mayor Of Madrid Spain Marcio Araújo de Lacerda Mayor Of Belo Horizonte City Of Belo Horizonte Brazil Mauricio Rodas Mayor Of Quito Quito Ecuador Mercè Conesa President Barcelona Region Council Spain Michael Müller Mayor Of Berlin Berlin Germany Miguel Ángel Mancera Mayor Of Mexico City Mexico City Mexico Mohamed Sadiki Mayor Of Rabat Morocco Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf Mayor Of Tehran Municipality Of Tehran Iran Monica Fein Mayor Of Rosario Local Government Argentina Mr. Andreas Wolter Mayor Citiy Of Cologne Germany Parks Tau President South African Local Government Association (SALGA) South Africa Patrick Braouezec President Of Plaine Commune (France) Co-chair Of The UCLG Committee On Social Inclusion Participatory Democracy And Human Rights (CISDP) UCLG Committee On Social Inclusion Participatory Democracy And Human Rights (CISDP) France Paul Carrasco Prefect Of Azuay Rafael Correa President Ecuador Ecuador Roland Ries Mayor Municipality Of Strasbourg France Tae Young Yeom Mayor Of Suwon Suwon Republic of Korea (South Korea) Tri Rismaharini Mayor Of Surabaya Surabaya Indonesia Marcio Araújo de Lacerda Mayor Of Belo Horizonte City Of Belo Horizonte Brazil
|General Assembly Of Partners (GAP)|
|Global Task Force Of Local And Regional Governments|
The Third Session of the Second World Assembly of Local and Regional Governments
Over 300 local and regional leaders, representing different global networks of local and regional governments, will gather at the Mayors Assembly: the Third Session of the Second World Assembly of Local and Regional Governments, to submit their joint statement to the Habitat III Conference and to commit to contribute to the achievement of the New Urban Agenda. The Mayors Assembly will consist of three elements, running in parallel:
- The Second World Assembly, to take place in the Agora Room, will consist of scripted interventions of approximately 1.5 - 2 minutes from mayors and governors, based on the text of the joint statement to Habitat III. The Local and subnational authorities constituency will be the focus of the event.
- A TV set broadcasting discussions and inputs by elected officials, which will be situated a minute away from the Agora. It will be produced in close collaboration with Habitat III, which will allow longer statements and interviews with a smaller number of mayors. The interviews will be broadcast live and will also be included in the audiovisual documentary of the World Assembly.
- A signing ceremony for all mayors will be jointly organized by the Global Task Force and Habitat III. It will allow mayors to sign both their commitment to contribute to the achievement of the New Urban Agenda and the Declaration of the Assembly. This will be organized in a separate podium that will be filmed, and will gather all of the signatures of the members of the constituency.
- What are the achievements of the Global Taskforce and of mayors and local authorities in this Habitat II process?
- What are some of the commitments of the member states that mayors support in the implementation of the New Urban Agenda?
- What are specific and innovative ideas that have been included in the New Urban Agenda that are significant for mayors? · What do mayors call for in order to achieve a successful implementaiton of the New Urban Agenda?
- What key partnerships, approaches, and collaborations with local authorities were successful, and which new partnerships do they commit to stregnthen in the follow up and review and implementation phase?
- What do mayors celebrate in the New Urban Agenda, and which aspects of it do they commit to achieve?
- What do we ask of the international community in order to empower mayors and other local and subnational authorities in order to play a strong role In the implementation of the New Urban Agenda?
Assembly Follow Up
- How do you propose to monitor the outcomes of this session in order to report back on progress at the 9th Session of the World Urban Forum (2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)?