Informal SettlementsSpecial Sessions Venue: R1-Cine Alfredo Pareja
- Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR),
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
- United Nations High Commission for Refugees (UNHCR),
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS).
- Felipe De Jesús Gutiérrez Secretary Ministry Of Urban Development And Housing Mexico City Mexico
- Kerstin Sommer Slum Upgrading Unit Leader And Participatory Slum Upgrading Programme Focal Point UN-Habitat
- Leilani Farha Special Rapporteur Office Of The United Nations High Commissioner For Human Rights (OHCHR) Canada
- Lindiwe Sisulu Minister Of Human Settlements South Africa
- M. Armand Béouindé Mayor Of Ougadougou Burkina Faso
- Marina Klemensiewicz Under-Secretary Habitat And Human Development Argentina
- Marjeta Jager Deputy Director-General European Commission Slovenia
- Monika Glinzler Director: International Relations Stakeholder And IGR Co-ordination Department Of Human Settlements Republic Of South Africa Department Of Human Settlements – Republic Of South Africa South Africa
- Rose Molokoane SDI Coordinator Slum Dwellers International South Africa South Africa
- Shivani Chaudhry Executive Director Housing And Land Rights Network (HLRN) India
Inclusion and Integration: Using the New Urban Agenda to Improve the Lives of the People Living in Informal Settlements
With nearly 1 billion slum dwellers around the world, this session aims at providing a practical guide on the approaches and actions that will help improve the lives of people living in slums and informal settlements through the the New Urban Agenda as a framework.
Using the guiding questions outlined below, the session will involve a group of experts offering their insights on the improvement of conditions of the people living in slums and informal settlemts within the New Urban Agenda. The Session will consider what challenges need to be addressed and offer recommendations on implementation and options for monitoring of the New Urban Agenda.
· What are the critical steps key stakeholders need to take to implement the New Urban Agenda for improving the lives of people living in slums and informal settlements?
· How can we operationalize the integrated approach of the New Urban to improve the conditions of informal settlements?
· How can we encourage and promote the participation of informal dwellers in the implementation of the New Urban Agenda? How can technology support this process?
· How can the progress and impact of the New Urban Agenda be monitored and measured?