Making my city a better place to live: lessons learnt from Europe’s local authoritiesNetworking Events Venue: R4
- URBACT III Programme.
- Basingstoke And Deane Borough Council (United Kingdom) Albert Garcia Macian,
- Economic Development Manager,
- European Projects Manager,
- Evgenia Koutsomarkou,
- Mollet Del Vallès (Spain) Daniel Garnier,
- Mollet Del Vallès (Spain) Evgenia Koutsomarkou,
- URBACT Expert Albert Garcia Macian,
- URBACT Partnership Officer (moderator Of The Session),
- URBACT Partnership Officer Dr. Niki Frantzeskaki.
This event will present the methods, tools and know-how for sustainable urban development put in place over the last 10 years by URBACT, the networking programme for local authorities funded by the European Union. Through concrete testimonies and good practices from representatives of European municipalities on different topics around urban development, discussions will focus on: -the integrated and, -participative approach to urban development, -monitoring actions and measuring results, -networking with other cities. Speakers will present the tools they used for these approaches and reflect on the transfer criteria of good practices to different local contexts beyond Europe. The event will close by presenting networking opportunities between URBACT cities and non-European cities.