- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN- Habitat).
- Institute For Housing And Urban Development Studies.
National Urban Policy is about both the process and the product. The National Urban Policy (NUP) process can enable institutional change, for example through the institutionalization of participatory and capacity development mechanisms. This training will allow participants to better understand the National Urban Policy process, and how it can incite institutional change through a Theory of Change and Transfer of Learning model. The NUP learning event will be framed around the key learning objectives:
- Theory of change (ToC): - Understand common elements that form a ToC Apply ToC learning to the NUP policy process - Developing NUP with iterative policy practices
- The NUP policy process: - Understand the 5 phases of the NUP policy process - Understand the 3 pillars of the NUP policy process Practice using the NUP policy process with case studies - Apply the NUP Policy Process learnings to one’s own context - Use the learnings to create a customized transfer of learning plan
- Transfer of learning (ToL): - Understand the elements that make for an effective transfer of learning Create and implement a customized ToL plan.
In order to better coordinate the event, participants are encouraged to register here