- Salvadoran Foundation Of Development And Social Housing.
- Habitat International Coalition (HIC),
- Inter-American Development Bank (IADB),
- El Salvador’s Vice Ministry Of Housing And Urban Development (VMVDU),
- Central American Self-managed Coordinator Of Solidarity Housing (COCEAVIS).
One of the main key factors that determine complete access to the human right to adequate housing and a safe habitat is financing. In order to guarantee that all population have access to financing for improving their housing and habitat conditions, we have to make sure it becomes affordable, even for the socioeconomically marginalized groups, and sustainably managed by both creditors and borrowers. This event aims to present a number of financing modalities that have proved to be effective, sustainable and affordable for the majority of the population that live in precarious housing conditions. Conclusions about the challenges faced by popular habitat in Latin America will be presented, as well as two financial models that have been implemented as Good Practices whose impacts, integrality and sustainability in housing terms have been verified in further studies. These models have been considered for the formulation of public policies in Central America, particularly of the National Policy of Housing and Habitat in El Salvador.