This discussion is now closed. Thank you for your participation.
Eugenia García Director of Urban Planning, SEDATU, Mexico
Lilia M. Blades Human Settlements Officer, UN Habitat, Nairobi
Latin America & the Caribbean Regional Meeting – Toluca
Welcome: Urban Dialogue for the Latin America and Caribbean Regional Meeting – Toluca
This online dialogue took place from 4 to 15 April 2016 in advance of the Habitat III Regional Meeting in Toluca from 18 to 20 April. During the two-week online discussion, individuals and organisations from around the world were invited to discuss policy options to build and implement the following:
- – National, regional, and local policies to tackle inequality.
- – Metropolitan governance schemes for the comprehensive and efficient management of conurbations.
- – Adequately dense, compact and dynamic cities, ensuring the enjoyment, consolidation and quality of life in the built city.
- – Adequate shelter for all.
- – Social function of urban areas, as an instrument to finance and promote urban development in favour of public interest.
- – Resilient and safe cities through a comprehensive urban risk management.
The discussion is now closed.