- Affordable Housing Network.
Affordable Network Ghana is hosting a Panel Discussion on the Affordable Housing Situation in Ghana and Across the West African Sub Region.
Our Discussion seeks to draw from a varied range of resource persons involved in Housing Delivery among the Low Income Communities, Poor and Under Privileged communities here in West Africa.
The discussion seeks to among other things explore the following topics;
• An introduction of some of the unique Affordable Housing Products across the Region.
• Is there really a definition for affordable housing?
• Who are the main practitioners in the Affordable Housing Space in West Africa
• Who are the various categories of providers? Local Real Estate Developers, Foreign and International NGO’s etc.
• Financing, micro mortgages, traditional mortgages and impact of local savings and loans schemes
• What are the common or Unique practices and Technologies commonly used? (A special look at the activities of La Voute Nubiene (LVN) activities in Northern Ghana, Benin and Burkina Faso).
• How involved is Government in Affordable Housing Delivery?
• What specific Government Policies exist across the sub region?
• Question and Answer Session.
Also special mention and launch of Ghana’s first Affordable Housing Schematic Design Competition for Built Environment Professionals.