- Organisation For Economic Co-operation And Development (OECD),
- United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat).
- Abdul Baqi Popal Deputy Minister Ministry Of Municipalities Afghanistan
- Ashok-Alexander Sridharan Mayor Municipality Of Bonn Germany
- Corina Cretu Commissioner Of Regional Policy European Commission Romania
- Ivan Turok Executive Director Human Sciences Research Council South Africa
- Jean Claude MBWENTCHOU Minister Ministry Of Urban Development And Housing Cameroon
- Jean-Marie Bockel President Metropolitan Area Of Mulhouse France
- Kyung Hwan Kim Vice Minister Ministry Of Land Infrastructure And Transport Republic of Korea
- Neal Pierce Editor-in-Chief Citiscope United States of America
- Olenka Ochoa Berreteaga Member Of Council Board Peru
- Rebecca Benson Mayor Of Tubmanburg City Ministry Of Internal Affairs Government Liberia Liberia
- Rolf Alter Director - Public Governance And Territorial Development OECD Germany
- Shamshad Akhtar Under-Secretary-General Economic And Social Commission For Asia And The Pacific (ESCAP) Pakistan
The Dialogue will focus on how National Urban Policies can be an essential tool for the implementation of the New Urban Agenda. It will consider country experiences, as well as, the role of partnerships and collaborations in administering the National Urban Policies.
The Dialogue will comprise of two discussion panels. The first panel will analyze ten key recommendations for the implementation of National Urban Policies. It will discuss how and why National Urban Policies can be a vehicle through which to implement the New Urban Agenda, and augment sustainable urbanization.
The second panel will focus on concrete proposals for supporting the implementation of National Urban Policies for the New Urban Agenda. Drawing upon a range of perspectives, the panel will consider how a National Urban Policy Programme, coordinated between/ organized by international organizations, can be set up to support countries in the development and implementation of their National Urban Policies, and contribute to thedevelopment of a Knowledge Base.
· Is National Urban Policy an effective tool for governments and other stakeholders to manage and capitalize from urbanization ? If yes, how and why?
• In your experience, how can National Urban Policy be a tool inthe implementation of the New Urban Agenda?
· How has the development of a National Urban Policy in your country contributed to the implementation of the New Urban Agenda?
· How can a National Urban Policy empower local governments to engage in urban policy making? Please provide examples.
· How can organizations work [together] to implement the New Urban Agenda through National Urban Policies? What concrete actions could be taken to promote and support the development of National Urban Policies?
· What is a National Urban Policy Programme and how does it work to support New Urban Policies and the implementation of the New Urban Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals?
· How can a National Urban Policy Programme contribute to the implementation of the New Urban Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals?
· What roles could stakeholders have in a New Urban Policy Programme for the implementation of National Urban Policies for the New Urban Agenda? For example, how can the private sector be engaged in the National Urban Policies process and in a National Urban Policy Programme?